Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 7, 2009

The halls are decked!

My house is Christmasfied!

On Friday, Hubs and I went out in search of our first Christmas tree together. My mom and I are all about the Christmas tree and we say it has to speak to us... cheesy I know but that is what we always say. A few years back we discovered a Concolor Fir and fell in love with its greenish blue needles and citrus scent. Hubs had never had one before so we decided on that tree for our first tree.
We get to the garden center and I see the sign for Concolor Firs so I start walking back towards it and notice that there is no fine line between the concolor firs and the big 10 foot trees for office buildings and such. That is because the concolors must of had a great year because they are monsters this year. None were under 10 feet and $300.00.... so we move on.

This year I had to go against all that I believe in when it come to a tree. I like em big and fat, where this year we needed a tall skinny one to fit in our slightly cramped living room. So we are walking in the Frasier fir aisle and he just points at one and says "what about this one?" I don't want to say I rolled my eyes but like I said I am waiting for one to speak to me....

After wondering around for about 30 min I kept coming back to the one Hubs pointed out and I said that it was the one. He poked a little fun at me saying he was now the tree whisperer...
Anyway, after we got it home the festivities of decorating started. I got the lights on, the decorations out, made a wreath and then we both decorated the tree. Here is the finished Product (sorry for the poor pic quality, I had to use my cell phone.):


Hubs trying to find a perfect spot for his ornaments
Seriously, he had to find the perfect place for everything... :)

Some of the Decorations around the house.


My table top The ornament Wreath I made. Here it is in the daylight.
So that is the place all decked out for the holidays... what does your house look like during the holidays?

1 comment:

  1. The center piece looks so much better with the bulbs in it!

    ReplyDelete