Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

A little bit of the ba hum bugs

I didn't think it was possible for me to get them but I did. I still love Christmas but the Christmas spirit, the spirit of giving is what is getting me. I am broke... a special kind of broke and really can't afford Christmas gifts. I know that isn't what this holiday is about but I am so filled with a giving spirit during this time. I try to donate toys, canned food and change every chance I get but this year I can't. I feel selfish for not giving more and silly because I didn't save more. This time every year I am usually finished with my Christmas shopping, and they are beautifully wrapped waiting under my Christmas tree anticipating Christmas morning. This year I a few things purchased already but more is still needed. I have decided to part with a few things (aka selling my guitar and bike) for some extra gift money. I know that soon I will be filled with warm Christmas cheer again but for now feel as glum as Scrooge himself.

On a much happier note, the Celebration concert was amazing! It was so nice to be apart of it again. At my Alma mater it is one, if not the biggest concert of the season. All of the music department comes together for non stop show, that is just amazing. I will say it is strange being back at your high school. It is familiar, but then again foreign, you hear them talking and watch them (not in a creeper way) and think "did I really act like this in High school?" Sadly yes, yes we did. I know I have only been out of school 5 years now but I have grown up so much since leaving that I felt like a bitter old woman all night. They, being the high schoolers, wouldn't listen, thought they ran the place and at times were disrespectful. All I could think about was how care free I was then. I over heard some of them talking about a test for Music Theory and how they were "wiggin" out over it... I chuckled because I am wondering how I am going to pay all my bills and still have some money left over to contribute to our house fund. Ahhhh the joys of adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment