Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tis the season

Good Morning readers!!!!


If you have been keeping up with my blog you will know that I am kind of in love with Christmas, ok obsessed with it is probably a better description. This year is the first year that I have my own place to decorate for the holidays and I am so excited!!!!! I am going to try to be a good newlywed and Document it, so we can look back at our first holiday season.
Now that Thanksgiving is behind us... which by the way I agree was totally jipped this year. I mean I loooooove Christmas but some of the music stations started playing Christmas music 24/7 beginning of November.... Overkill radio stations, overkill. Anywhoozer, The Decorating will commence this Friday with the purchase of our Christmas tree! I always go to this Lawn and garden place here in Columbus and they have hundreds of tress that you can choose from, not to mention hot popcorn for you to warm up with while making your selection.

I can't wait to make my wreaths this year, growing up my mom would always let me make the wreath for the front door. This year I am making an evergreen wreath for the front door and an ornament wreath for the dining room area, not to mention a centerpiece for our dining room table. I am branching out this year. I always use the same color palette at Christmas time which is gold, green and red. I don't know what it is about that color scheme but if done right can be rich, warm and so welcoming. Well this year, while deciding what kind of wreath to make for the dining room I saw this and fell in love:

I love this color combination. I know it isn't stretching to much because it is still the red and green but this I think, has a more modern feel to it.
The only issue with being out on my own(with hubs of course) is that I only have a few decorations donated by my mom. I don't want to say that I need a lot to make it Christmas just a few things like stockings and stocking hangers, a few decorative towels for the kitchen, festive place mats and who can for get a poinsettia, needless to say I am going to bargin shop my heart out on Friday for some holiday cheer.
Watch out Biglots, Dollar store, and Walmart. I am going to be ransacking your Christmas aisles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment