Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Child Birthing Class: Complications


This class is optional because some people don't want to plant the negative seed in their had that something bad could happen.

We didn't attend because we figured we are already at the hospital and if something happens or needs to happen it will and fast.

Some of the complications I am worried about are of course the need for a C-section.

I told husband I already feel like some what of a failure for not having a home birth, that will be nothing compared to not being able to do what my body was built to do.

I talked about it before, trying to run scenarios in my head, what can I say it makes this type A planner feel more relaxed.

Anyway, whenever I try to run the gambit of things that could cause me to have a c-section I just feel defeated. I am not of the mind set yet of "Do whatever you want to get the baby out." I know it will come but right now I am not there yet, I am not ready to give up the notion of delivering naturally.

I am trying, daily, to quell this feeling of dread because fact of the matter is as long as myself and baby are healthy in the end does it really matter how we got to that point?

This is a mantra I repeat to myself on a fairly regular basis, it goes something like this:

"Healthy and happy that is the biggest goal"

"You are NOT a failure if the "PLAN"changes"

"You are not in charge here, SB is" 

"Go with the flow" 

I say this one a lot, and after my baby shower I am going to wall paper my house in these little sayings as a constant reminder that complication or no complication this isn't a time to be scared but it is a time for positive thinking.




No comments:

Post a Comment