Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Child Birthing classes: Birth


Major point I took from this class:

Birth is only something you can experience, there isn't a manual written, well people have tried to write one but there will always be the people that say their experience was nothing like that.

You can read and read and read until you have gone cross eyed and you probably won't be any closer to knowing what birth will be like for you.

I guess I clumped labor and birth together as one of the same, I kind of still do. You have to experience one to have the other in some way and really isn't labor the crescendo to birth?

I didn't know that the pushing you are doing, is rocking the baby out, not "pushing" the baby out. That is why it can take hours.... never knew that.

We talked about different positions and I guess I didn't know there were so many. Does that sound naive of me? Gave me some ideas of what to try, I may even take a copy of the page of positions to the hospital with me for reference.

This class was very straight and to the point because everyone has to do the same thing to get the baby out... PUSH! Tanya did go in to the different way the baby can come out but unfortunately I will be in the hospital so if she is coming any other way than head first it will be a c section for me. Thankfully, she is already head down, here's hoping she stays that way.


I plan on starting Ina May's guide to child birth this weekend because everyone says this book is amazing and then just letting nature take its course.



No comments:

Post a Comment