Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tasty Tuesday!

Seeing as yesterday was the last day of summer I decided this was going to be an ode to those warm summer days spent outside grilling, sipping on a cold beer or for me a totally girlie concoctions with a frilly umbrella.

I discovered something this summer too, Guacamole! I have tried it and tried it before in my days and for some reason this time it clicked. I have no idea what I had done with out it in my life.

So here it is, my ode to summer:



What you need:
• Guacamole
• 2 avocados - halved, peeled, and pitted
• 1/2 lime, juiced
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
• 1/4 cup minced onion
• 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste

• Burger
• 2 pounds lean ground beef
• 1/2 lime, juiced
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
• 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
• 6 hamburger buns
What to do:
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
2. To make the guacamole, mash the avocado in a medium bowl with the juice of half a lime, chili powder, jalapeno, cilantro, 1/4 cup onion, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic; season to taste with salt, and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together beef, the juice of half a lime, 1 tablespoon garlic, 1/2 cup diced onion, and tomatoes. Form the meat into 6 patties.
4. Cook the burgers to desired doneness on the preheated grill. Add a slice of cheese to each burger during the last minute of cooking. Serve on toasted buns with a dollop of guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment