Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 18, 2009

TGIF

TGIF Bloggies!!!!!

Even though I did get a day off during the week, we are gettin in to our slow season at work so the days just crawl by.

This week was a big week for me, I officially changed my last name. I went from something pretty straight forward to something that is going to get mispronounced, and misspelled the rest of my life,needless to say it is going to be a big change. It was hard seeing my maiden name go, there is a lot of pride and history that comes with that name. I remember doing the family ancestry projects in middle school and became obsessed with finding out anything and everything that had to do with my ancestry. It lead me down some very awesome paths, and it is fun to see where you came from and how you got to where you are today. This identity change is strange because Hubs knows very little about his last name which was kind of a bummer. I guess it is a challenge for me to do some research!

Hubs and I also went as a treat, to Bed, Bath and Beyond to use our wedding gift cards. We made out like bandits!!! And the good part is we still have some money left over! We figure once we move we can spend the rest.

Today I made my payment to hold my place for JWU to start in November. Now, all I have to do is find out when orientation is and register for that. Yay for school!!!!

Last night was the start of Bible Study and I am so excited!!!! This study is going to be amazing and I am so happy it is one that was done by Beth Moore. I think she is hystercial and brings so much history and just plain Umph to the table. The study is on the book of Ester and is called "its tough being a woman." Amen sister!!!!

I have to be domesticated this weekend and seriously clean house! We are overrun with gifts... I know, such a sad state to be in : ) But, it is time hubs and I got back in to a routine, back to a norm and getting things back together will seriously help. Now, lets hope my health holds out so I don't have a repeat of last weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. You must let me know what I can do to help you settle into Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete