Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Got some good news, and some bad news

Good news first:
Hubs got a call from the employment agency that Ashland Chemical is working with. He did a phone interview that went pretty well and then he sent her his resume and now we wait to see if they will want him to come in next week for a second interview. It would mean a pay increase and a set schedule for Hubs! Pray that he gets this job, we need it.

Bad news:
I got a call from my Dad last night and I could tell something was wrong right off the bat. He said he had some really bad news, now my mind always goes to the worst possible place, so I think something is wrong with my Grandma so I brace myself for what I think is coming. He says "we had to put Scout down today." I was dumbfounded. I was caught so off guard it took a minute to register what he had said. Scout was his 8 year old Shealtie, probably the coolest dog ever. He said that starting on Friday he was acting funny, sluggish and they chopped it up to him eating something he shouldn't have....aka toilet paper. But he continued to get worse and by Monday he wouldn't even get up anymore. My step mom and little Bro took him to the vet and they ran some test on him and found that his Gallbladder had ruptured, and there was really nothing they could do for him. My dad was in tears and I told him I was sorry, this dog was his buddy, his pal and he was gone. I will never forget the first time I saw Scout shut the door.... you read right, shut the door. When my Dad broke his foot it was too much to stand up and wait for him to be finished out side so he taught him to shut the door. A favorite party trick for the family, he was like a sponge and learned every trick my Dad taught him. He will be greatly missed.

1 comment:

  1. oh I'm sorry for you and your poppa. Do you think he will get another dog?

    ReplyDelete