Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 22, 2010

where is the love?

romance :to court or woo romantically; treat with ardor or chivalrousness

I know that I akready posted, but something just popped in to my head that I thought I would write about.
I was reading one of the many blogs that I follow and the topic of this particular post was how the bloggers husband wasn’t romantic. Well, mine isn’t either….. At all.

The other night I was watching “True Life: My marriage is over” when Hubs got home. He sat down and watched it with me and we kind of butted heads on one of the situations.

The husband and wife had been together for 6years married for 3. She was a stay at home mom and I am not sure what he did, but they had nice home and she and the kids were provided for. Well she had started to go out dancing, and not club dancing we are talking country line dancing (I think she called it side step dancing) almost 3 nights a week. When her husband confronted her about it she said that he wasn’t giving her the attention that she craves so she was finding it else where. Now I am not condoning getting all dressed up and leaving your family for 3 nights a week to get attention but I could kind of see where she coming from. Hubs did not. He said that she was in the complete wrong for what she was doing and she was a bad wife and mother for leaving…. I knew the look on my face was one of WTH? And “You must be crazy.” He asked if I agreed and I said that although I didn’t agree with her actions and how she was handling things I could see where she was coming from. I explained to him that he husband thought that it was “romantic” to keep a roof over her head, clothes on her back and food in the cabinets. I told him I see those as a necessity and although I am thankful for what he does I expect to have those things wither it be by his doing alone or in a joint effort.
Now, Hubs doesn’t think it is romantic to do those things he sees it as his manly duty to do those things. But he still wasn’t getting what all the hubbub was. So I laid it out for him. I told him I know you love me; I am reminded of that everyday. But as a woman I need a little extra, to know that you have been thinking about me that day, or that you still see me as the girl you were so smitten with when we first met. He looked blankly at me and I said think of it this way…. Who do you think invented foreplay? A woman, because we can’t just roll over and hop on. I could see a glimmer of hope in him yet, I knew a sex reference would get him. .I said it feels nice to be special. He then tried to tell me that he was romantic and I told him that the last time I got flowers was when he proposed, that was over a year ago. I told him you know you there isn’t enough romance when I say I am crushing on you because you vacuumed.

I don’t know where this post is coming from…. Well I do actually. I read blogs about husbands giving there wives flowers and then having one extra for there new born girl and my heart just melts. I was really hoping he would step up for Valentines Day but really I finally broke down and asked him if he had any plans… and he said no. I feel like if I want any romance I have to create it myself.

Anyway. there is my whinny post for the day... later all.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment