Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Healthy life: Healthy food in review

I am down 0.5 lbs last week. Can you tell I didn't work out... at all. I was having a really off week but yesterday was the beginning of week 3 and I had a good 30 min Latin dance cardio work out. I will review the work out later but right now lets talk grub.



Being on a diet you automatically think you are going to be eating cardboard for your diet duration but there are some amazing healthy food out there. This is what I have found


Breakfast :
My breakfast is pretty straight forward, I either have frosted mini wheats or Quakers weight control oatmeal in maple brown sugar. Can we say YUM!!!! I actually prefer the weight control to the regular, I know it may all be in my head but I think it tastes more mapley and sweet and it is the perfect size for yours truly. I have branched out from my original flavored mini wheats to the strawberry delight and ladies... delish! I am very picky about my fruit flavored food because I seldom think it tastes like the actual fruit but I am sooooooo glad I took a chance with this one.


Lunch:
I now am a brown bagger (or in my case white polka dotted lunch boxer) for lunch and I wanted something healthy, quick and easy. So what is easier than a microwave meal? Pretty much nothing. You tend to walk a very thin (ha!) line with mwm (microwave meals), yes they maybe low in calories but you have to look at the whole label, look at the sodium content the grams of fat and compare the choices you have.


I decided I would stick with Healthy choice meals 1. because they have a HUGE variety of foods, not just frozen and 2. they were the healthier option. Here is what I have had this week and my thoughts...



Sweet Asian Pot stickers: This little gem is awesome. The pot stickers actually taste like pot stickers you would get from a Chinese restaurant. I was so afraid the dough was going to be gooey but it was perfect. The sauce is a little to be desired but the pot stickers more than make up for it. Other bonus... it's a vegetarian meal!


Portobella Marsala Pasta: This is probably the most flavorful healthy frozen meal I have had. Everything just comes together in this meal and it is just darn tasty...



Tuscan Style chicken: This has the potential, but I was left wanting. You feel like you get more than enough food, but the sauce just was missing some punch you know. The first think I said after my first bite was "this needs something, some salt and pepper maybe."

I will be starting Tastefully Tuesday next week and review and share some of the healthy and yummy recipes I have found.

Have a happy Friday eve everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment