Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The healthy life: Day one

I wasn't going to start this until Monday but I had to start today.

I have been keeping a very strict food journal these past couple a weeks and needless to say I was blown away. I know I was eating more than the recommended calories on any given day but some days were just out of control, I think my highest was in the 3500 range. I just had to start today. I didn't see a reason to put it off any longer.

Day one of week one and I feel strong, I feel confident. I got up this morning and dusted off my lunch box because this new healthy lifer wasn't going to Wendy's today, and filled it with healthy goodness. This morning I have ate breakfast! I know, I was shocked too. I had frosted mini wheat and a banana. I started to eye my diet coke but opted, on this cold snowy Thursday, for some green tea. It was ok... I may have to try out some different teas to find one I like. Any suggestions bloggies?

As I sit here and munch on some baby carrots, I have planned out my day eating wise. and exercise wise and I couldn't be happier.

3 comments:

  1. Add a tsp of honey. 1 tsp is 20 cals. You may not even need a whole tsp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chai tea is wonderful.... I don't know what the count is but tastefully simple has a bulk chai tea that is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love black tea. Lipton has these cool pyramid shaped bags...love it!

    Also, I have to track my food otherwise I go crazy! If I'm not tracking it's like my mind thinks I can just eat like garbage, but if I am tracking I don't want crappy food put in my tracker!

    I use SparkPeople.com I love it. You can track food (100's of thousands of preloaded food and also you can add food if you can't find it) and you can track your workouts. You can set goals, talk to other members etc. I love it. It's my absolute favorite! It's helped me lose almost 20 pounds so far :)

    ReplyDelete