Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome!

My photo
Welcome! My name is Mrs.G and I started this blog so people could share in my mis-adventures in wedding planning. I married my southern gentleman on September 6th, 2009. Throughout our courtship I became enamored with everything southern and desperately want to become a steel magnolia.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 25, 2010

little bit of this, little bit of that

This weekend was nice/ok.

Friday I was kind of having a down day, I think last week was a down week (you can really tell if you go back and read my blogs) but Friday in particular was bad. My mom came over and watched Greys and I made spaghetti for everyone. It was an early night to bed and I needed it.

Saturday was supposed to be craft day but fundage became an issue, And with it being so glum and rainy I kind of just wanted to snuggle up and watch some tv but I went to a Mary Kay facial party instead. I think it was a good trade off. The Mary Kay party was fun. I got to listen to some of the directors talk and hear their stories and to tell you the truth it really inspired me. To hear these women take control of their lives in a way that puts their family first (in 2 cases on Saturday) and still be successful was amazing. I mean they didn't come from privileged backgrounds, they were just your everyday woman, they just did it on their terms.

Sunday was church. If you did read a few posts back I talked about a pull to work on my relationship with God and my faith. Step one was go to Church and I am so glad I did. The sermon was great as usual and I did take from it. Then in the middle of everything the lights go out in the entire church. The pastor starts to laugh and says he is going to continue and was really witty and quick on his feet. We still had 2 hymns to sing so he had us sing "this little light of mine." Which was hilarious, he stood at the alter with his flashlight and started waving it around. All and all it was a great service. After Church Hubs and I went for a late breakfast and during breakfast my bro called!!! We actually got to talk for about 30 min which was nice. He is such a chatter box when he is having a good time. I can't believe I get to see him next week!!!! I am so pumped!

Then it was off to Dad's house for Lunch with family. My family is very birthday heavy from January to April so we have to do one weekend a month for all the Birthdays. Dinner was terrible. I mean the food was amazing... and totally fattening but I managed. My Dad, I can only assume was out on Saturday night with friends and ended up only getting about 3 hours of sleep. So he was in a pissy mood. When we all sat down at the table and started passing the food around my Grandma made a comment of how food is supposed to be passed on the left, my dad says "well the etiquette police aren't here are they?" My Grandma flashes me a look and I can just see her festering. Well I thought that was the end of it, but Vicky (step mom's mom) wouldn't let it go. Every other thing out of her mouth was how everything had to be passed to the left. I am getting angry at this point because fact of the matter is, my Grandma was correct she was just making a point. So the rest of the evening was spent with my comments being made about passing to the left, my Grandma throwing a card at my dad because he was being a smart ass and then my dad falling asleep until everyone got up to leave..... gotta love family get togethers.

No comments:

Post a Comment